The Education Technology Associate will work closely with Challenger Center staff and our software vendors to assist the development, testing, and support of the software that drives our programs. This person will build an understanding of our current and legacy systems and help execute on a technical roadmap that accommodates the technical requirements of the independent entities in which our programs are delivered (e.g., Challenger Learning Centers, K-12 schools). He or she will support the authoring of software components that help our educators refine programs. The Education Technology Associate will provide telephone and help desk support, troubleshoot and identify bugs, write internal support notes, support external users of Challenger Center programs and products, and assist with Quality Assurance (Q.A.). He or she will assist with the development of product requirements, support the authoring of training materials, and collaborate with other internal staff members. This position will be responsible for working within a Learning Management System (LMS) to manage content and provide support for our training modules. He or she will also contribute to the ideation for future programs and assist with fundraising for those activities.
Description of Duties:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Program Design and Development:
• Support educators in the design, development, and delivery of technology-driven education programs and products.
• Develop a robust understanding of our current and legacy systems and the technical requirements of the independent entities in which our programs are delivered (e.g., Challenger Learning Centers, schools).
• Triage and provide support to product questions via email and phone.
• Submit issues on users’ behalf that arise from phone conversations. Write clear support notes and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Keep leadership advised of any critical issues. Collaborate/consult across teams as needed to resolve user issues and calls.
• Research feature requests and suggest workarounds when possible.
• Assist with authoring in our software systems including HTML/Java Script development.
• Assist with quality assurance and testing of Challenger Center systems.
• Assist with new Challenger Learning Center or Classroom Adventure deployments.
• Help execute on a technical roadmap for our systems.
• Collaborate with the Education Team to design, develop, test, implement, and support online training modules for educators.
• Follow Challenger Center’s Project Management Process for each education program/product development project.
• Coordinate with Education, Community Engagement, Communications, Development, and Finance teams on all products and programs.
• Collaborate and share timelines/project plans with Community Engagement, Communications, Development, and Finance on all products and programs.
• Support the development of grant proposals, including drafting content and researching potential partners.
• Interact with external consultants and partners in regard to milestones and deliverables. Draft communications and provide any research needed.
• Follow and adhere to program/project budgets and timelines.
• As required, draft reporting documents. Collect information and data from appropriate teams. Ensure reports are accurate and on time.
• Work with outside contractors/vendors as directed.
• Represent Challenger Center at conferences, meetings and special events, as requested (participant/attendee).
• Keep abreast of relevant industry trends and best practices in STEM education, education technology, nonprofit, etc. and share knowledge with others.
• Identify and share funding and partnership opportunities and assist with proposal as needed.
• Attend staff meetings, assist with office support, participate in professional networking, and team building activities. Support other administrative duties as needed.
• Submit accounting and original receipts to Accounting Department each month on or before the due date
• Accurately report time spent on projects, PTO, sick, etc. on time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in information or education technology required.
• Experience with education technology and training strongly preferred.
• 0-3 years of relevant experience in the education technology and/or information technology field.
• Knowledge of HTML 5/6 and Java Script required.
• Experience working within a Learning Management System preferred.
• Ability to provide excellent customer support.
• Ability to multitask amongst projects and deadlines, and shift priorities and resources as needed.
• Ability to collaborate with external vendors and partners.
• Ability to learn new skills quickly.
• Experience with grant funded programming preferred.
• Commitment to work collaboratively with all staff across all teams.
• Self-starter, able to work independently.
• Ability to travel approximately 15%-25% of the time.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Challenger Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Education Technology Associate” in the subject line. Only applicants who submit all the requirements will be considered. Due to the number of applicants for this position, we regret that we can only respond to candidates that we would like to interview.