We are seeking an energetic professional with a high level of organizational skills, detail orientation, and a “can-do” attitude. Important to this role is a commitment to excellence in every function and responsibility. You will partner with a successful President and CEO to help Challenger Center to continue meeting its mission through pro-active management of the Office of the President and CEO. You will also be responsible for assisting in some duties spanning other departments (as the CEO does) including development, communications, and governance that are key to the success of the organization and the office of the President and CEO.
- Serve to ensure the priorities of the office of the President and CEO are met through close collaboration with the President and CEO.
- Represent the office of the President and CEO and Challenger Center to others as needed.
- Provide heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants to coordinate a variety of executive meetings.
- Answer President and CEO’s phone and direct all incoming calls to appropriate parties promptly and efficiently.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for the President and CEO as needed.
- Organize and submit expense reimbursements and expense reports to accounting.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Provide the appropriate leadership to ensure successful board meetings, committee meetings and communicating news, events and other relevant happenings to board members.
- Plan logistics for all board and committee meetings including food service, securing meeting locations, securing travel for some board members and preparing meeting materials.
- Attend board meetings and committee meetings to record and distribute minutes for those meetings in a timely manner.
- Assist as appropriate in special projects for the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate and/or support planning of special events, including employee morale events, annual Conference, annual staff planning meeting and President’s Circle events.
- Assist Human Resources in onboarding of new staff as needed.
- Maintain supplies and inventories. Track status, orders, purchases, and maintain or distribute supplies as needed.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Knowledge of the overall vision and mission of Challenger Center.
- Knowledge of (as appropriate) policies and principles.
- Ability to interact with staff and board members sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to appropriately represent the stature and gravity of the Office of the President and CEO.
- Must be well organized, flexible and prepared for the challenges of supporting a small office.
- Must have experience producing accurate minutes of meetings in a timely manner.
- Expert level communication skills and attention to detail are important.
- Experience with donor database software preferred (e.g., Bloomerang, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Challenger Center is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that inspires, engages, and prepares today’s students for the future through innovative science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education programs. With our global network of 43 Challenger Learning Centers, we give more than 250,000 students each year the opportunity to become scientists, engineers, and innovators and to work together on inspiring missions like finding life on Mars or preserving ocean species. Through our programs, students apply STEM concepts in the context of real-world challenges; they are exposed to a range of STEM careers; and they practice important skills like teamwork, communication, and problem solving. Ultimately, Challenger Center aims to build a scientifically literate public and shape our future leaders to help improve quality of life across the globe.
Challenger Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a resume and cover letter to http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27004938&portalGK=1643